Watchman’s October 2012 notes:
This has been one of the watchman’s most frequented posts for the last 2 years. Many actually yearn for intimate relationship with God, our Creator, our Father in heaven. In this world of constant change, increasing isolation and separation from God, due to man’s increasing coldness and hardening of hearts, lawlessness, self-seeking, presumptions, covetousness (which is idolatry) and passion for the wisdom of the world (which according to James 3:15 is earthly, sensual and demonic.), many are crying out to the Almighty God who hears and answers.
How to re-build or start an intimate relationship with a God whom you do not even know?
The watchman has learned this (from experience and encounter with the Father in heaven since 1983, the year when he was born again by the Holy Spirit):
- start today.
- be still before Him.
- believe He exists.
- believe He wants to reward you, when you seek Him diligently.
- believe that He is pleased with your faith (in Him and His Son Jesus)
- believe in all His word, in the Bible.
- read the Bible.
- spend more and more time with God.
- let go of more and more of the things of the world. When your hands are full of them you have no hands to receive anything from the Father in heaven!
- do not love this world, nor the things it offers you. (1 John 2:15)
- keep your mind and body in stillness before the Lord.
- be open to the Holy Spirit. Do not let your feeling or mind interfere.
- take a note book.
- write down your question and listen for answer.
- the voice of the Lord will come in the still small voice in your inner part.
- write down His answer. (He may answer you in the inner voice or in His written words)
- discern whether the answer is from your own mind (e.g. thoughts/obsessions you have been thinking regularly lately prior to the session) or emotion or the enemy (evil spirits: e.g. destructive thoughts)
- discard those not from the Holy Spirit.
Hebrews 11:6 Amplified Bible (AMP)
6 But without faith it is impossible to please and be satisfactory to Him. For whoever would come near to God must [necessarily] believe that God exists and that He is the rewarder of those who earnestly and diligently seek Him [out].
_____________original blog in the watchman’s another web site (11-2-2010)
Proverbs 3:5-8 (NKJV)
5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
6 In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct[a] your paths.
7 Do not be wise in your own eyes;
Fear the LORD and depart from evil.
8 It will be health to your flesh,[b]
And strength[c] to your bones.
Proverbs 3:5-8 (New Living Translation)
5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
do not depend on your own understanding.
6 Seek his will in all you do,
and he will show you which path to take.
7 Don’t be impressed with your own wisdom.
Instead, fear the Lord and turn away from evil.
8 Then you will have healing for your body
and strength for your bones.
Proverbs 3:5-8 (Amplified Bible)
5Lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord with all your heart and mind and do not rely on your own insight or understanding.
6In all your ways know, recognize, and acknowledge Him, and He will direct and make straight and plain your paths.
7Be not wise in your own eyes; reverently fear and worship the Lord and turn [entirely] away from evil.(A)
8It shall be health to your nerves and sinews, and marrow and moistening to your bones.
“acknowledge” means “know intimately”. Know your God intimately, watchman.
The Love of God never fails!