One major obstacle to a person receiving healing is the physical symptom. This blogger goes through the same issue from time to time. Symptoms cause suffering and fear: the most common question is “what shall we do when we see the symptoms and they seem to be getting worse (bigger, more discharges, more pain, more regular recurrences, more paralyzing stiffness, more impeaching normal functioning etc.).?”
The common fear is “are these symptoms life threatening?” The common doubt is “may be I have not yet been healed or am not being healed as the word of God has promised?”
I would share from my own experience and shall not presume anything for anyone.
The overall victory key is: I would encourage everyone at all times to seek God and stay focused on Jesus Christ who is dwelling in every believer. Let the Holy Spirit and the Word of God continue to work the good work that God has started in each of us through Jesus Christ in us.
This is what I do when the symptoms appear:
- Stay focused on my position in Christ. This is the only victory position. Reaffirm and proclaim all the verses giving me assurance of this position.
- Pray. Use the name and authority of Jesus to command the symptoms, just as Jesus says, to speak to the mountain (in this case, the symptoms) to go and cast into the sea. Command the body to be restored to its original created design and function.
- Take the Holy Communion when led by the Holy Spirit, proclaiming and partaking the blood and the body of Jesus.
- Listen to the Bible, at all times, everywhere, using a handy and mobile speaker player of MP3. In times when I am led by the Holy Spirit, I listen to the whole Bible, many times.
- Read and copy the Bible verses as led by the Holy Spirit.
- Continue living a joyous life in the Spirit, praying in the Spirit, singing in the Spirit, worshiping and praising God in the Spirit.
- Fasting and praying. Do the Esther fast (three days without food or liquid) when led by the Holy Spirit. Do other fasts: like for seven (up to 40) days, taking one main meal a day or two light meals a day or just liquid fast for three days. The mode and length of time depends on how the Holy Spirit leads me.
When I do these, I am no longer limited in the physical realm where the apparent symptoms are. My spirit joins to the Lord and becomes one spirit with the Lord. (1 Corinthians 6:17) I cannot fight the symptoms in the physical. I can fight them in the spiritual. Joining to the Lord Jesus’ Spirit in my spirit is the way to victory.
One very powerful verse I rely very much on is from Galatians 2:20: I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.
Why is this verse powerful? It declares first, Jesus Christ lives in me. It means by faith I can live His victorious sickness free and symptoms free life. When I so declare, I can see the effect on my physical being.
How do I use this verse? I just proclaim it by faith and believe without doubt. When I proclaim God’s words by faith the words truly become life and spirit to me. (John 6:63)
Please do not make the above list as a format or ritual. As I have said in the beginning, I share only my own personal experience in dealing with symptoms.
I have discovered that by using the mighty name of Jesus and His authority therein, I should not be focusing and magnifying the evil works of the enemy. There is no need to keep binding and casting out the demons. If you are led by the Holy Spirit to bind and cast out the spirit of fear, fine, just do it immediately. Use the name of Jesus Christ to bind and command it to go.
You must then immediately switch back to focus on your position in Christ and the fact that Christ is in you and He is the mighty God! God does not need to keep telling the devil to go. When you let God arise in you, the devil will flee. The manifestation of Jesus Christ in you destroys the works of the devil. (1 John 3:8)
What I am doing in the above seven steps keep me focus on God (Jesus Christ) in me and let God arise in me and God’s enemy be scattered even without my binding and casting out all the time.
Living an abundant life means living the constant presence of God in us. It is possible and practical. I have been living this transformed life for a number of years.
I pray that my brief sharing will help many to re-focus on God’s victory and no longer waste their lives in magnifying the devil and his works.
God is light. In Him there is no darkness. If you are still in darkness it means you have not come into God’s presence and stay in Him. Reading 1 John repeatedly will put you into the right spiritual realm with God.