Prayer is an effective powerful weapon against mental torments. Jesus has taught us how to pray effectively.
The following prayer Jesus teaches is timeless. We can read it aloud and even sing it. I have personally witnessed and experienced powerful worship singing this prayer. The words become life. The power of the Spirit of God manifests. The glory of God descends. We all knelt down before the awesome presence of the Almighty God. Many of our ailments and infirmities were healed in His presence.
Jesus teaches us:
- prayer is a personal contact and connection between you and God.
- God does not judge your prayer by the length or the form. Just be natural and focus on Him being your Father in heaven.
- God loves without favoritism. Love and forgiveness come hand in hand.
Matthew 6:5-15 New Living Translation (NLT)
Teaching about Prayer
5 “When you pray, don’t be like the hypocrites who love to pray publicly on street corners and in the synagogues where everyone can see them. I tell you the truth, that is all the reward they will ever get. 6 But when you pray, go away by yourself, shut the door behind you, and pray to your Father in private. Then your Father, who sees everything, will reward you.
7 “When you pray, don’t babble on and on as people of other religions do. They think their prayers are answered merely by repeating their words again and again. 8 Don’t be like them, for your Father knows exactly what you need even before you ask him! 9 Pray like this:
Our Father in heaven,
may your name be kept holy.
10 May your Kingdom come soon.
May your will be done on earth,
as it is in heaven.
11 Give us today the food we need,[a]
12 and forgive us our sins,
as we have forgiven those who sin against us.
13 And don’t let us yield to temptation,[b]
but rescue us from the evil one.[c]
14 “If you forgive those who sin against you, your heavenly Father will forgive you. 15 But if you refuse to forgive others, your Father will not forgive your sins.
- 6:11 Or Give us today our food for the day; or Give us today our food for tomorrow.
- 6:13a Or And keep us from being tested.
- 6:13b Or from evil. Some manuscripts add For yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.