my armor my shield
invisible wings cover
feathers from Abba
In the previous post I spoke of the harm we do to listen and repeat self-talks that attack our mind and emotion, leading to mental and physical symptoms which are hurtful to us and to others. The way to overcome the harmful self-talks is to keep our focus on God and the words of God. The Holy Spirit can help us to do that and give us the power to live the super-abundant life that Jesus has promised and given to every believer.
In this post I shall explore further what Jesus says about how our eyes and ears play an important role in getting the above mentioned super-abundant life through the Holy Spirit and His words. We can focus on God : see, hear, know Him. Living the super-abundant life means we live in the total presence of God in the Kingdom of God. No evil can befall us. Nor any diseases, infirmities, plagues, whether physical or mental, can come near our dwelling. (Psalm 91:10)
Self-talks are words. We focus on storing God’s words instead of our own words or the lies of the enemy.
- The lies of the enemy and our own words (influenced by the world) that hurt and torment us are not God’s words. The spiritual enemy and the world do not know God. Only Jesus knows God.
- Those who believe in Jesus can know God and see God (in their spirit).
- To know and see God and hear God requires the mind and attitude of a child. No preconceived ideas, agenda, or presumptions from the world and the so called ‘authority’ (on all worldly matters: socio-political, philosophical or religious).
- God has chosen to reveal Himself through Jesus.
- Jesus has revealed God to all whom He has chosen at the time when he was on earth.
- After that, God has sent the Holy Spirit to reveal God to everyonel who believes in Jesus. All who have the Holy Spirit (the Spirit of Christ) are children of God. The children of God are led by the Holy Spirit to know the things of God (as already mentioned in our previous post).
Luke 10:21-24 New Life Version (NLV) The Joy of the Holy Spirit
21 At this time Jesus was full of the joy of the Holy Spirit. He said, “I thank You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth. You have kept these things hidden from the wise and from those who have much learning. You have shown them to little children. Yes, Father, it was what you wanted done.
22 “Everything has been given to Me by My Father. No one knows the Son but the Father. No one knows the Father but the Son and the Son makes the Father known to those He chooses.”
23 Then He turned to His followers and said without anyone else hearing, “Happy are those who see what you see! 24 I tell you, many early preachers and kings have wanted to see the things you are seeing, but they did not see them. They have wanted to hear the things you are hearing, but they did not hear them.”
14 For all who are led by the Spirit of God are children[g] of God.
15 So you have not received a spirit that makes you fearful slaves. Instead, you received God’s Spirit when he adopted you as his own children.[h] Now we call him, “Abba, Father.”[i] 16 For his Spirit joins with our spirit to affirm that we are God’s children. 17 And since we are his children, we are his heirs. In fact, together with Christ we are heirs of God’s glory. But if we are to share his glory, we must also share his suffering.