This health blogger traveler has traveled more geographically in recent years and encountered more physical and mental needs for healing than any other needs among both the poor and the rich, less-developed and developed, rural and urban societies. Here are my personal sharing of how divines healing from God have manifested.
- In all cases there were felt and humbly admitted needs from the persons who received the divine healing. (Isaiah 57:15; Matthew 23:12; James 4:6)
- The power of the Holy Spirit manifested and could often be felt by the ones seeking to be healed. (Acts 1:8)
- My prayers for their healing consisted three essential parts: belief in the words of God (that by Jesus stripes they were healed), by faith and not by sight (Hebrews 11:1-2, 6), by the power of the Holy Spirit (2 Timothy 1:7; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Romans 15:19).
- I read the relevant words of God (Bible verses) with the ones to be prayed for. I then asked them whether they believed. When they believed and agreed that they needed the power of the Holy Spirit I prayed for the power from above to enable them to receive what the words of God had already declared and they had already believed. (Psalm 107:20; Romans 10:17; Galatians 3:2)
- I then spoke to the ‘mountain’ (whatever they suffered from) in the name of Jesus to command it to leave the inflicted person and go. (Matthew 17:20; Mark 11:23; Luke 17:6)
For thus says the High and Lofty One Who inhabits eternity, whose name is
Holy: “I dwell in the high and holy place,
With him who
has a contrite and humble spirit
, To revive the spirit
of the humble
, And to revive the heart of the contrite ones.
And whoever exalts himself will be humble
d, and he who humble
s himself will be exalted.
But He gives more grace. Therefore He says: “God resists the proud, But gives grace to the humble.”
For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.
Acts 1:8 But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”
He sent His word
them, And delivered them
from their destructions.
The centurion answered and said, “Lord, I am not worthy that You should come under my roof. But only speak a word, and my servant will be healed.
[ Many Healed in the Evening
] When evening had come, they brought to Him many who were demon-possessed. And He cast out the spirits with a word
, and healed
all who were sick,
So then faith comes
, and hearing
by the word of God.
This only I want to learn from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
For the word of God is
living and power
ful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit
, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
And my speech and my preaching were
not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit
and of power
in mighty signs and wonders, by the power of the Spirit of God, so that from Jerusalem and round about to Illyricum I have fully preached the gospel of Christ.
He said to them, “Because of your little faith. For truly, I say to you, if you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain
, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you.”
Truly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain
, ‘Be taken up and thrown into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says will come to pass, it will be done for him.
And the Lord said, “If you had faith like a grain of mustard seed, you could say to this mulberry tree, ‘Be uprooted and planted in the sea,’ and it would obey you.
Hebrews 11:1-2, 6
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. For by it the elders obtained a good testimony. By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible. But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.