the secret of success behind Rolland and Heidi Baker
Like many who seek healing from divine origin, we want to know the secret of success of those who walk in the power of the Holy Spirit, preaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ, witnessing to thousands, saving and transforming countless lives, and are always being confirmed by the Lord’s working signs and miracles in their midst. Today I recommend the following sharing from Rolland Baker.
Five Essential Core Values, written by Rolland Baker Pemba, Mozambique, 11/2/2015
A lot of people want to know more about our Iris values and “DNA.” I know I’ve written about these before, but I think in the Lord that it would really help if I sent you this. It’s a very fresh and to-the-point description that is a transcript of an interview I gave awhile ago. May Jesus take these words and richly touch you. More power, love, peace and joy for you today in the Holy Spirit!
These five core values have been absolutely necessary for Iris to continue to function and exist. If we didn’t have even just one of these core values, we wouldn’t still be in missions, much less in Mozambique. We might not even be saved, we would be so discouraged! We have been at that point, you know. There have been times when Heidi and I would quit the ministry every three days because of incredible difficulty. So what are those specific things that keep us going, the things that keep the Christian life exciting? What are those things that give us motivation to keep following God?These things could be expressed in so many ways. I spend weeks teaching on these things in Harvest School. And I only have a few minutes here, so here we go! This is the Reader’s Digest condensed version!
1. We understand we can find God, and can experience intimacy, communication and companionship with Him in His Presence, if we share His love for righteousness….
2. We are totally dependent on Him for everything, and we need and expect miracles of all kinds to sustain us and confirm the Gospel in our ministry.…
3. Look for revival among the broken, humble and lowly, and start at the bottom with ministry to the poor. God chooses the weak and despised things of the world to shame the proud, demonstrating His own strength and wisdom. Our direction is lower still.…
4. We understand the value of suffering in the Christian life. Learning to love requires willingness to suffer for the sake of righteousness. Discipline and testing make saints out of us, and produce in us holiness, without which we will not see God’s face and share His glory. With Paul we rejoice in our weaknesses, for when we are weak we are strong.…
5. The joy of the Lord is not optional, and far outweighs our suffering! In Jesus it becomes our motivation, reward and spiritual weapon. In His Presence is fullness of joy, and with Paul we testify that in all our troubles our joy knows no bounds (2 Cor. 7:4). It is our strength and energy, without which we die.…
Rolland and Heidi’s roots (written by Rolland Baker)
Heidi and I began Iris Global (previously Iris Ministries) in 1980, and have been missionaries since then. We were both ordained as ministers in 1985 after completing our BA and MA degrees at Vanguard University in southern California. I majored in Biblical Studies, and Heidi in Church Leadership. I am a third-generation missionary born in China, and raised in China, Hong Kong and Taiwan. I was greatly influenced by my grandfather, H. A. Baker, who wrote “Visions Beyond the Veil,” an account of the extended visions of heaven and hell that children received in his remote orphanage in southwest China two generations ago.